At Foulston, we have an entire team dedicated to the legal needs of our clients’ supply chains. We provide value to our clients by helping them manage the daily needs of their supply chains—skillfully negotiating contracts among both their customer and supply base, constructively handling any disputes which may arise, and everything else in between. Additionally, our supply chain experience provides our clients with a competitive advantage in M&A transactions.
Optimizing Your Supply Chain
We understand that supply chain legal issues can have a major impact on our clients’ profit margins. We pride ourselves on our attorneys’ responsiveness—a critical aspect in keeping our clients’ supply chains running smoothly. Depending on where our clients are located within the supply chain, we offer tailored advice to help our clients mitigate and defend supply chain disputes:
- We work with our clients to develop robust terms and conditions for their dealings with customers, suppliers, and service providers across their supply chain.
- We negotiate long-term agreements on behalf of our clients to help ensure future stability to their supply chains.
- We apply our experience to better understand our clients’ supply chain pressure points and incorporate risk mitigation strategies into their contracts to help ensure their supply chains can withstand disruption.
- We advise our clients in specialized supply chain contractual areas such as delivery terms (e.g. Incoterms®), purchase orders, requirements contracts, forecasting, battle of the forms, force majeure, warranties, limitation of liability, and compliance regulations.
- We train our clients’ procurement departments on how to spot and resolve issues in their contracts.
- We provide options for our clients when their product requirements change.
- We help enforce contractual terms for our clients when their suppliers fail or anticipate failing.
- With the help of our Foulston colleagues and their expertise in a wide variety of legal practices, we provide robust supply chain legal guidance to our clients regarding the contractual areas of intellectual property, taxation, antitrust, litigation, privacy, data security, product liability, labor, etc.
- We have the capability to advocate in court or arbitration for our clients and their supply chains when necessary.
Expanding or Selling Your Piece of the Supply Chain
Within our firm, we have many experienced M&A lawyers who have assisted clients in the purchase or sale of their business and have represented hundreds of manufacturers, distributors, and other providers across the supply chain in a variety of transactions. Thus, in addition to providing excellence to our clients during the negotiation and drafting stages of M&A transactions, the experience of our supply chain lawyers provides our clients with a competitive advantage in the due diligence stage of M&A transactions which involve supply chains.
- Supply Chain Integration
- Warehouse and Logistics
- Corporate Structure
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Strategic Alliances
- Contract Negotiations
- Contract Management
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Commercial Transactions
- Intellectual Property
- Regulatory/ Legislative Compliance
- Product Liability/ Recalls
- Privacy & Data Security
- Freight Transportation Issues
- Employment & Labor
- Dispute Resolution / Litigation