Throughout its history, Foulston Siefkin has handled the full spectrum of legal matters relating to oil, gas and minerals in the areas of purchase and sales, exploration, production, marketing, transportation, financing and regulation. Our clients range from individual land and mineral owners to independent oil and gas operators, both large and small, to some of the world’s largest major integrated oil and gas companies. When appropriate, we work closely with other lawyers in the firm who concentrate in business, litigation, securities, taxation and creditors’ rights to efficiently provide all legal services needed by our oil and gas clients.
Our oil and gas attorneys routinely provide advice and counsel regarding such matters as:
- Oil and gas leases
- Mining leases
- Deeds and other transfer instruments
- Operating agreements
- Unit agreements
- Farmout agreements
- Transfer and division orders
- Title examination
- Gas purchase contracts
- Oil and gas transportation agreements
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Mortgages, deeds of trust and security agreements
- Easements and seismic permits
- Salt water disposal agreements, surface use agreements
- Regulatory permitting and compliance
- Representation before the Kansas Corporation Commission and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Litigation, Arbitration & Dispute Resolution Regarding Disputes involving ownership, market value royalty claims, contract and title claims, lease cancellation claims, implied covenant issues, and contracts
Other Contacts for Oil, Gas & Minerals
- International Association of Drilling Contractors
- Oil Online
- Energy Information Administration
- Independent Petroleum Association of America
- DOE's Environment, Safety and Health Technical Information
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- National Center for Atmospheric Research
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- ToxLaw Resources
- U.S. Geological Survey
- United Nations Environment Programme
- Kansas Independent Oil & Gas Association
- Representation of subsidiary of major oil company in the largest financing transaction secured solely by oil and gas properties in Kansas.
- Representation of major oil company in serial, multi-state financing transactions securing debt in excess of one billion dollars.
- Representation of independent oil and gas company in the acquisition and financing of Kansas properties valued in excess of $150 million dollars.
- Defense counsel in state court class actions in several states, involving claims of crude oil mismeasurement.
- Defense counsel in multi-state class action involving claims of natural gas mismeasurement.
- Representation of major interstate regulated refined products pipeline company in connection with the issuance of securities and pipeline title and location matters in five mid-continent states.
- Representation of multiple producers in federal court litigation concerning helium ownership in a series of cases spanning 25 years and multiple decisions in the 10th Circuit of Appeals and United States Supreme Court.