Foulston Siefkin attorneys handle all matters in the growing field of trust and estate disputes. We understand that these cases can be complex, confusing, and emotional. Our experience in this area helps us tailor our approach to the specific needs of each case and client, in order to achieve the best possible result.
Our experience and expertise includes:
- Will contests involving undue influence and lack of capacity
- Disputes between trustees and beneficiaries
- Interpretation of language in wills and trusts
- Challenges to the actions of an agent under a written power of attorney document
- Disputes involving pre-marital agreements, family settlement agreements, and divorce decrees
- Contested guardianship and conservatorship matters
- Claims against fiduciaries such as executors, administrators, and trustees
- Assertion of claims against the estate of a deceased person
- Consultations about rights of people or entities who were excluded from an estate plan
- Issues involving transfer-on-death and pay-on-death designations
- Protection of spousal and family allowances and rights
- Competing claims to real and personal property
Our practice in these areas ranges from small amounts of money or property at issue to multi-million dollar cases. We handle everything from routine probate matters to extraordinary, precedent-setting litigation. Our clients are individuals and institutions. We have settled cases before and during litigation, and we have taken cases to trial and on to appellate courts when appropriate.
Contact a Foulston Siefkin attorney with your questions about a trust and estate dispute.